Call Me

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Friends, Supporters, and to the Citizens of Eugene

Thank you for re-electing me to serve on the EWEB Board for a second term. Many of you know I am dedicated to providing the community with clean water and reliable electric power at the lowest possible price.

I have returned to help the board create a vision of strategic direction and policy oversight which will help set the direction for EWEB's second 100 years of operation.

I value public utilities, and I'm dedicated to upholding the environmental stewardship and social equity values embraced by the citizens of Eugene.

Many of you have said you support upgrading the grid to accommodate distributed generation and electric vehicles. I support this effort and I actively promote appropriate technology, such as smart metering, which will help the community become informed consumers of electricity and water products.

I am socially progressive and fiscally conservative. Therefore, I insist upon sound financial management and cost controls which ensure that EWEB's expenditures benefit our local economy.
"All the wisdom in EWEB isn't found within the board of commissioners, or even with the staff, it's found in the minds and vision of her customers. This is why dialog with the citizens of Eugene is so vitally important."
Governing a public utility is not easy. I'm going to need your help and advice. Periodically I will be posting EWEB related issues to this blog for constructive comment and criticism.

Please also feel free to call me or send me e-mail.

Best Regards,

John Simpson, Commissioner At-Large
Eugene Water & Electric Board
541-357-7532
john.simpson@eweb.org